Thursday Dinner. Every day can be Meatless
- 2 cups cooked & drained Lentils
- Grated Purple Cabbage
- Pumpkin Seeds raw & unsalted
- Chia Seeds
- 1 stalk scallion washed & cut small
- 1 slice raw onion minced
Mix everything together & enjoy
(No need for salad dressing)
- Cooked frozen green beans
- Mustard greens washed and chopped
- Eggplant washed and cut small
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1 medium ripe tomato chopped
- ¼ tsp allspice powder
- ¼ tsp Spicy Jamaican jerk sauce
- Pinch salt to taste
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Sautee everything on low heat till tender.
Serve with quinoa, wild rice, roasted sweet potato, or your favorite starch in a small portion.
Note that you can be quite creative with your vegetables. Add any of your favorite seasoning & spices to give it a nice kick.
Our diet determines our lifespan and the quality of our lifespan. Eat well.
Marva Riley, Registered Nurse. Author. Health Advocate. Educator