● 1 pound string beans washed & cut into 1 inch strips. Remove stems. Cook till tender. Drain.
● 1 small onion chopped
● 4 cloves fresh garlic chopped
● 1 slice ginger roots minced
● 1 medium ripe tomato chopped
● 1/2 tsp powdered allspice
● 1/4 Red bell pepper chopped
● 1 tsp crushed red pepper
● 1/4 tsp Seasalt
● 1/8 cup olive oil ( or less)
● 1 cup cooked & drained Lentils
● 1 slice turmeric root minced
Heat oil on medium heat. Add garlic. Fry garlic till golden. Add onion, tomato, ginger root, bell pepper, turmeric root, lentils. Stir well.
Add salt, red pepper, allspice. Stir well. Reduce heat to low.
Stir in string beans.
Reduce heat to simmer. Let simmer for 15 minutes
Serve over Rice or Quinoa. Or baked sweet Potato/Baked Irish Potato
Vegetables can actually taste like or better than meat. All you need to do is add your favorite spices and seasoning to it.
Marva Riley, RN. Author of the Health & Wellness book EAT SLEEP MEDITATE. A NURSE’S GUIDE TO HEALTH