Collard Greens Recipe
- Collard greens washed and chopped
- 1 Onion chopped
- 3 cloves fresh garlic chopped
- 1/2 yellow sweet pepper chopped
- 6 whole pimentos
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 medium ripe tomato chopped
- Pinch black pepper
- Handful chopped mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 small sweet potato washed & chopped
- 1 slice ginger root minced
Add coconut oil to a large pot and heat on medium.
Sautée onion, garlic, tomato, ginger root, mushrooms, sweet pepper crushed red pepper, salt, black pepper for 5 minutes
Add collards. Mix everything.
Pour in water
Add other ingredients
Lower heat to low and cook for 30 minutes or until sweet potatoes are mushy.
This is a low calorie, nutritious, filling veggie dish that is Simple Healthy Easy & Inexpensive
Eat any amount you want without the guilt!
Marva Riley, RN
Author of Eat Sleep Meditate a Nurse’s Guide to Health
Author of SHEIR: A Recipe Book
Holistic Health Advocate 🎄