Curried/Jerk Pigeon/Gungu Peas Recipe Share:
- Cooked Pigeon Peas drained (save some of the water)
- 1 small Onion chopped
- 4 cloves fresh garlic chopped
- 1 small ripe tomato chopped
- Pinch allspice powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 slice ginger root minced
- 1 tablespoon spicy Jamaican curry
- 1/4 tsp spicy Jamaican jerk sauce
- Olive oil
Heat oil on medium
Stir in everything except peas & water
Reduce heat to low & simmer for 5 minutes
Add peas and a bit of the water from the cooked peas.
Simmer for about 15 minutes. If too dry add a bit more of the water from the cooked peas.
Simple Healthy Easy Inexpensive Recipe
Serve over wild rice, potato, quinoa, salad or by itself.
Pigeon peas is rich in Fiber, Protein, Iron, calcium, magnesium, vitamin B6, Potassium, Sodium to name a few.
Marva Riley, RN
Author of Eat Sleep Meditate a Nurse’s Guide to Health
Author of SHEIR: A Recipe Book
Holistic Health Advocate 🎄